Joint Ownership of Real Estate Lawyer & Attorney

When people living together choose to purchase real estate together, and then end up separating, numerous complicated legal issue arise. Many of these complex issues can be avoided with a written agreement addressing the division of property upon separation. Under recent decisions in Minnesota people who live together are entitled to recover the amount they have contributed to the purchase of real estate, even if it is titled in only one of the parties’ name. In most residential cases, you have the right under Minnesota law to have the property sold, and the proceeds divided.

If you have questions about joint ownership of property arising from a relationship with another person, please contact Kallemeyn & Kallemeyn. We can help you through a difficult situation.